STT’s motion capture system for golf swing analysis is called Golf Studio. Some of its main features are:
- 3D motion capture.
- Real-time and playback 3D visualisation of the movement.
- Captures database.
- Automatic generation of biomechanical curves.
- Swing planes.
- Weight distribution.
- Lines and centre of gravity.
- Other planes and lines: User-defined point tracking.
- Automatic movement segmentation.
There are many advantages to 3D swing analysis when compared to traditional video analysis:
- Scientific analysis: Golf Studio provides a more mathematical approach to analysing golf swings. Using this type of technology, your golf swing can be analysed with greater precision than ever before.
- 360° swing viewing capabilities: This feature allows viewing your swing from any angle as opposed to commonly used two dimensional video systems, which only show your swing from one angle.
- Abundant and precise statistics: The Golf Studio System is highly accurate and effective.