Zonapies uses STT’s rubra scanners for custom insole manufacturing. In a nutshell, Zonapies’ process comprises the following steps:
- The podiatrists scan their patient’s feet with Rubra at their own facilities.
- Podiatrists email those files to Zonapies, together with their prescriptions.
- Zonapies receives them and uses STT’s software to come up with final 3D design of the insole.
- Zonapies manufactures dozens of moulds from different patients simultaneously via an automated, high-precision process involving a milling machine / robot.
- Final insole is manufactured via a manual thermoforming process.
- The result is sent back to the podiatrist and delivered to the patient.